Two special days in one month (and one weekend), how lucky can we get, right? Youth Day is coming up in South Africa on the 16th of June, which means long weekend (score!) and Father’s Day on the 18th of June.
At Koester Glamping Farm, we are all about celebrating and creating a celebratory environment. So, with that in mind, here are some things to do, places to munch, and gifts to give for Youth Day and Father’s Day.
Things to do
• Visit the Hector Pieterson Memorial and Museum – If you are looking to remember the past, visit the Hector Pieterson Memorial and Museum in Soweto for Youth Day. He was one of the first students to be killed during the 1976 student uprising in Soweto. Or go on a tour of Soweto or Johannesburg.
• Young at heart – Do something adventurous in the Cradle of Humankind to keep your youth alive (or to keep dad young at heart). From caving, abseiling, hiking to zip lining or fly-fishing.
Places to eat
• Brunch buffet at Central One Restaurant – For only R225 per person, you can spoil dad with a yummy buffet brunch and a beer on arrival at Central One Restaurant at the Radisson Blue Hotel in Sandton. Bookings are essential.
• Father’s Day Buffet Lunch at Indaba Hotel, Spa & Conference Centre – Live entertainment, delicious food, great views, and a gift for dad… all for R235 per person at the Indaba Hotel’s Chief’s Boma Restaurant. Bookings are essential.
Gifts to give
• Personalised beer glass – Is there such a thing as a dad who doesn’t enjoy an ice-cold beer? Get him a personalised beer glass telling him how much you love him. He will know how much he means to you and get to enjoy his favourite drink at the same time!
• Gadgets and gizmos – We’re sure dad would enjoy some new tools or a gizmo for his phone or iPad. Or perhaps a voucher at a shop where he can get “gadgets and gizmos a plenty”?
• The boring stuff – Yes… socks, shirts and biltong might seem clichéd and boring, but dads just love the stuff!
We would love to know what you are getting up to over the long weekend and any cool gift ideas you might have for Dad. Find us on Facebook and comment!
Lots of Youth Day and Father’s Day love, Koester Glamping Farm
Cherish nature – Nurture yourself
Sources: In hyperlinks