At Koester Farm Glamping we just love nature and the environment. And we realise it is our duty to protect the environment as best we can. Our most precious resource is water and we need to do our part to save as much of it as we can.
According to Water.org, 1 in 10 people don’t have access to safe water and we all know water is scarce around the world and therefore, here are our top 10 water-saving tips:
1. Always check for pipe, toilet, and tap leaks to avoid water wastage
2. Turn the tap off when brushing your teeth and rinse with a glass of water
3. Use water-efficient cooking methods such as steaming vegetables or using a pressure cooker
4. If you have a pool, get a pool cover to reduce the amount of water that evaporates
5. Only run the dishwasher when full. This saves water, energy and reduces the amount of detergent in the sewerage system.
6. Have a water-wise garden. Swap out water-hungry plants for succulents and pebbles.
7. Install water-saving restrictors on showerheads and faucets.
8. Place plastic bottles filled with water in your toilet tank to reduce the amount of water used when flushing.
9. Insulate your water pipes. You’ll get warm water much faster and you won’t waste water while waiting for it to warm up.
10. Make sure your sprinklers are not watering the pavement and use a broom to clean the driveway or pavement instead of a hose.
And there you have it, Koester Farm Glamping’s top 10 water-saving tips. Leonardo da Vinci said, “Water is the driving force of all nature” and we will keep doing our best to protect this precious resource. We hope to see you at Koester Farm Glamping very soon.
Cherish nature – Nurture yourself